Toronto’s Most Fashionable Raceday
Queen’s Plate Fashion at the Races Contest Presented by H&M
Fashion at the Races will once again return to Toronto for the Queen’s Plate on June 30th. Last year staged the fourth annual Queen’s Plate Fashion Contest on the main stage at the Hats and Horseshoe’s Party. Grab your tickets here to get access to the fashion contest, food trucks, live music, and of course view of the paddock for the races.
The Fashion at the Races team will invite the fashionable men and women on track to strut their stuff in front of the judges for a chance to win big prizes from Vaughan Mills, Pink Tartan, Woodbine Racetrack, and Fashion at the Races.
Here’s the tentative event timeline:
12:00am to 2:00pm : Contestant Scouting
1:50pm: Contestants are invited to the stage
2:50: Contestants are invited to the main stage
3:00pm: Contest begins with Men’s heats
3:20: Male Winner Announced
3:25: Ladies’ heats begin
3:50: Female Winner Announced
$500 Shopping Spree to H&M for both the male and female winner
Need some inspiration?? See our gallery from last year
Terms and Conditions:
Official Rules and Regulations
Queen’s Plate Fashion at the Races Contest 2018 Presented by H&M (the “Contest”)
Sponsored by Fashion at the Races LLC (“FATR”) and Woodbine Entertainment Group (“WEG”)
Official Rules and Regulations
Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are 18 years of age or older. Not open to employees of FATR or WEG (collectively referred to as “Sponsor”) or those with whom they are domiciled. Valid government issued photo identification must be presented if requested. No purchase necessary.
Finalist Selection: Judges will select finalists from all eligible guests onsite in the Hats & Horseshoes Party at Woodbine Racetrack (555 Rexdale Blvd., Toronto) on Sunday, July 2, 2017 between 12pm and 2:30pm (“Scouting Period”). Outfits must be appropriate for the occasion and season, and judges will be selecting finalists who show sophisticated style, and an interpretation of the season’s fashion direction. The following guidelines are encouraged:
- Guests are encouraged to wear a matching or complementary hat or head piece
- Guests are encouraged to wear matching or complementary accessories
Judges reserve the right at their sole discretion to refuse entrants whose outfits are deemed inappropriate, not suitable for the event or violate one of the following guidelines:
- Entrants must not enter the Contest on behalf of a third party, or receive any form of compensation from a third party for entering the Contest
- Entrants and their outfits are not permitted to promote a brand, designer or store
- Entrants may not alter their outfit between being selected as a finalist and the announcement of the winner – this will result in immediate disqualification
Judges may refuse an entrant if she/he does not meet one or all of the contestant criteria.
Contest Timing & Location: Once all finalists have been selected, the Contest will take place on the Main Stage in the Hats & Horseshoes Party. All finalists must arrive at the stage no later than 2:45pm. The approximate breakdown for the Contest is outlined below:
- 3:00pm – Contest & Judge Introduction
- 3:05pm – Men’s Showcase – All (30) finalists walk the stage (3 heats of 10) to showcase their outfits
- 3:10pm – Judges’ deliberation period
- 3:15pm – Top 10 announced. Group photo will be taken. Top 10 will then be asked to give one final walk while judges make their selection for the Top 3
- 3:20pm – Top 3 announced. Flowers, sashes & prizing will be distributed. Group and individual winner photos will be taken.
- 3:25pm – Women’s Showcase – All (60) finalists walk the stage (5 heats of 12) to showcase their outfits
- 3:35pm – Judges’ deliberation period.
- 3:40pm – Top 10 announced. Group photo will be taken. Top 10 will then be asked to give one final walk while judges make their selection for the Top 3.
- 3:45pm – Top 3 announced. Flowers, sashes & prizing will be distributed. Group and individual winner photos will be taken.
Judging: Winners will be selected at the sole discretion of the judges and their decisions are final.
Prizing: The prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Winners (1 female winner, 1 male winner): $1,000 Vaughan Mills Gift Card, Woodbine VIP Experience & Flowers
- Runners-up (1 female runner-up, 1 male runner-up): Flowers & $50 Gift Card to Fashion at the Races Store, FATR Grab Bag
- Second Runners-up (1 female, 1 male): Flowers & $25 Gift Card to Fashion at the Races Store, FATR Grab Bag
Winners must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question and sign a Release, Waiver and Confirmation of Prize (“Release”) before receiving their Prize. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, exchanged or converted to cash.
Chances of Winning a Prize: Chances of winning depend on the number of eligible participants that are selected during the Scouting Period.
Consent & Use of Likeness/Information:
Prior to participating in the Contest, a participant must agree to these Official Rules and Regulations. By participating in the Contest, a participant agrees to have their name, city of residence, image and/or photograph that may be taken in publicity carried out by Sponsor and/or its or their advertising agencies, appear in any publicity material (posters, newsletters, internet, programs, etc.) as Sponsor may determine without further notice or compensation.
Acceptance of Prize & Release: By accepting a Prize, the winners agree to waive all claims against Sponsor and Ivanhoe Cambridge Inc., its and their directors, officers and employees, and to those associated with Sponsor relating to winner’s acceptance or use of the prize, including, if the prize (or a component thereof) does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
Changes in Contest/Rules and Regulations: If for any reason, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its or their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, Sponsor reserves its and their right to cancel, modify, amend or suspend the Contest. Sponsor may amend or modify these Official Rules and Regulations at its sole discretion at any time prior to the awarding of prizing. Sponsor may substitute prizing for alternate prizing having approximately the same monetary value. Any disagreements or disputes arising out of this Contest will be resolved by Sponsor at its or their sole and absolute discretion.